Monday, September 26, 2016

Cherry

Yo it's been a lil while! Oh my goodness I don't even know where to begin. Nyc is insane and I don't think I can even attempt to describe my first two months here in it's entirety. It's so overwhelming that I've given up on trying to process anything, I feel like I'm watching my life happen from a birds eye view. It's wonderful but still very transitional and confusing and silly to try to talk about it.
However one thing I've been thinking a lot about is the reason(s) I've been doing this whole fashion blog thing, and I think my perspective has shifted during the move. When I was in Blacksburg it felt so organic and empowering, but now that I'm in the city I'm starting to see it in this greater scheme of superficial social climbing that nearly everyone here is a part of. I want to keep blogging and I want to feel good about it but I think I need to discover a new routine here and it might take a while. Basically what I'm getting at here is that I might be posting less while I'm reevaluating shit. Also my camera is kind of broken and I need to get a new one but also I need a good job and who knew nyc was expensive??? lol
On another note, my big project right now is putting out my debut album (crossing my fingers for november). I've worked so fucking hard on it and its so close to my heart, I'm really excited and really nervous that the release date is finally coming up. like what if nobody listens or cares? but hey even if that happens it'll be ok because I love writing music and nothings gonna stop me :-)
~ click here for tunes ~

1 comment :